Thứ Ba, 27 tháng 8, 2013

Wrestling Wrap Up: AJ vs. the Cast of Total Divas!

*hopes Wrap Up works this week*

Skipping over how incredible it was that last night's RAW (the first of many Cena-free episodes to come) had Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins in the freakin' main event, I want to kick things off with AJ Lee's awesome anti-Total Divas "pipe bomb" promo.

tumblr_inline_ms49e81gTd1qz4rgp

Which even ended with an epic mic drop...

tumblr_ms6lfh6mjq1rssf8ro1_250

So great.

tumblr_mo8nd6Odrc1rgiy50o1_500

Now look, it wasn't a full-blown "PIPE BOMB" in all caps, but it most certainly touched on everything I've been complaining about for weeks regarding the Total Diva gals getting mass amounts of TV time and top-tier treatment while the actual Divas Champion felt like an afterthought. It also got a certain someone's seal of approval...

tumblr_ms6vyohmCB1qgqfpgo2_r1_500

And let's give AJ a few more "achievement unlocked"s here. She managed to get this speech across while the goddamn Bella Twins, who were way too close to someone's mic, yelled and screamed the whole way through it. At least Cena knew enough to sit in the ring and be quiet when Punk was doing his speech years ago. But no, the Bellas - who are no strangers to rumors of being politicking bitches and sexual step-ladders - had to shriek like banshees during the entire thing. Maybe it's because the speech, while being a sort of a clarification session, was mostly targeted at them. Nattie's talented, but she's had to eat a fair amount of s*** over the years. And the others are all brand-spanking new. No, the brunt of AJ's message was aimed directly at the twinstrocities. There's a reason she emphasized the word "sucked" and let it hang in the air for a few seconds before she added "up to the right people.

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 11 Also, eff these poll results so hard. In the face hole.

BSo4OpvCQAAdMSn

At least one vs. seven, as lopsided as it is, feels like a fair fight here.

Mostly, all in all, I've just been curious as to why AJ was left out of the E! show. Not because I wanted her in there (because, believe me, I did not), but because they had designs for her to become the champ and head up the entire division while simultaneously creating an entirely separate bizarro side-dimension of the division featuring seven other women - two of whom are still in development. And then because the side-show (sideshow?) turned out to be a huge hit, everyone involved in it started to get pushed on us more than the girl who's been the top Diva in the company for more than a year. Not overshadowing her, but the Total Divas onslaught was definitely a recognizable force.

tumblr_ms6hjuPL6x1sg31w3o2_250

Now here's where I speculate on why AJ wasn't a part of the show.

1: She was never asked. Which is not a dig. Not being asked to be a part of a fake "reality" show on E! should be worn like a badge of honor.

1a: She wasn't asked because she had actual things going on for her, story-wise. She's been for face of the Divas for a long time and has been in angle after (main event) angle. There was really no time for anything else. All the other Total Divas cast members had nothing going on. Remember how weird it was when Nattie cried about not being a part of WrestleMania? When she shouldn't have been shocked due to the fact that she hadn't been a part of an active storyline since she was "the farter?" Yeah, so everyone else had ample time in their lives to let cameras follow them around.

2: She was asked to be a part of the show and refused. Which also deserves a medal of some sort. Because - and none of us personally know AJ - from what we can gather (from interviews, self-depricating tweets, nerd interests), AJ's life would be spectacularly un-spectacular. Nothing that a celeb-reality show would want to capture. Which, in turn, makes her an even better person.

go-dar-30

You're next, Kardashians!

Let's also remember that AJ's not the only lady who's not a part of the E! show. Kaitlyn, for starters. Also Alicia Fox and Aksana. I'd say that these ladies should have all been standing behind AJ during her speech, but this feud isn't about non-Total Divas vs. Total Divas. This is about the one woman we care about vs. the women we don't care about. Anyhoo, here's the speech all written out...

Do you want to know what I see when I look in that ring? Honestly? A bunch of cheap, interchangeable, expendable, useless women. Women who have turned to reality television, because they just weren’t gifted enough to be actresses. And they just weren’t talented enough to be champion. I have saved your divas division, I have shattered glass ceilings, I have broken down doors. Why? So a bunch of ungrateful, stiff plastic mannequins can waltz on through without even as much as a ‘Thank You’?! You guys can’t even go backstage, and shake my hand and look me in the eye because you know that I worked my entire life to get here. I gave my life to this, and you were just handed fifteen minutes of fame. I didn’t get here because I was cute, or because I came from some famous wrestling family, or because I sucked up to the right people. I got here because I am good. I earned this championship. No matter how many red carpets you guys want to walk, in your four-thousand dollar ridiculous heels, you will never be able to lace up my Chuck Taylor’s. You are all worthless excuses for women, and you will never be able to touch me. And that is reality.

So I agree with this, I'd say, a whole-hearted 99%. I'd just take out the "cute" part. Because, as much as she takes pot shots at herself online, she's a very attractive individual.

tumblr_mdg2zlLmyv1rqrs0go1_500

More about AJ's "pipe bombshell," plus spoiled Nattie and battered CM Punk on Page 2...


Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét